Rome Was Not Built in One Day
Healthcare today has extremely unique challenges. How do technology departments maintain legacy applications, implement new EMR/HIS initiatives, secure, backup, encrypt and support demands from compliance? The KR Group, Inc. specializes in creating plans for long term technology use and sustainability. We complement existing specializations to ensure technology investments are the right choice for your physicians, patients and staff.
This implementation was done in a community hospital environment serving patients in the West Michigan market. Significant efficiencies are expected in the immediate future helping lead the way for this hospital to focus on important issues…their patients!
• Compute: UCS Chassis (3), Blades (20)
• Networking: Nexus
• Hypervisor: VMWare 5.0
• Power – Liebert
• Professional Services: Installation and Deployment of architecture and Consolidate legacy environment
• Deploy UCS to enable new EMR and HIS systems
• Leverage infrastructure for campus wide phone replacement including multiple clinics and doctor offices
• Provide highly scalable, secure, reliable and lightning fast architecture for future growth
• Work in tandem with the hospital IT department to understand intricate processes that might be affected by this scale of change.
• 3 days – architecture in place and useable
• 30 days – EMR / HIS rolling out test systems
• 3 months – considerable consolidation of legacy environment
• 12 months – legacy environment consolidated from five (5) racks to two (2)
• Considerable savings in electrical, cooling, management and lead time to application delivery